Oat and linseed breadDecember 18, 2015
- 300g strong white bread flour
- 400g strong wholemeal bread flour
- 60g porridge oats
- 45g golden linseeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sachet fast acting dried yeast
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100ml water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Extra time:1hr rising › Ready in:2hr
- Place all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place all wet ingredients into a seperate bowl and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix, either with a spoon or with your hands. Bring the mixture together with your hands to form a dough.
- Tip the dough out on to a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. Put the dough back into the bowl and cover with cling film. Leave in a warm place for an hour to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Knock back the dough, and form into your required shape, place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, take out of the oven and turn over, put back in the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- To test if the loaf is ready, tap the base lightly, it should sound hollow. Leave on a rack to cool.
Freeze any leftovers or crusts in a bag to make breadcrumbs at a later date.
Get yours at your nearest Mopani Pharmacy today!