Almond Flour PancakesJanuary 18, 2016
“Fluffy and easy to make, these pancakes have a light texture and a great, slightly nutty taste. I make these pancakes with organic ingredients, but conventional ingredients can be used as well.”
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Prep: 10 m
Cook: 5 m
Ready In: 15 m
- Preheat a non-stick griddle to 375 degrees F (185 degrees C). Lightly grease the cooking surface with butter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a mixing bowl. Mix the almond flour and sugar into the flour mixture until just blended. Stir the yogurt, eggs, and butter together in a separate bowl; add to the flour mixture, stirring only until just incorporated. The batter will be thick and airy.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto your preheated cooking surface, leaving space for the pancakes to expand. Cook until dry around the edges and bubbles have formed over the top, 2 to 3 minutes; turn and continue cooking until done in the middle and golden brown, another 1 to 2 minutes.
Get yours at your nearest Mopani Pharmacy today!