Coffee. The taste. The smell. Yes, when you love coffee as much as we do, you will find any reason to drink it. Well, who says you can’t have some for the boost to your everyday wellness? Mopani Pharmacy breaks down how coffee can benefit you:
In this instance, not metaphorically, but in the literal sense. Coffee contains caffeine, a stimulant. This gives you alertness and overall energy. Some research even links coffee to improved moods, memory and general alertness.
Coffee may help you burn fat. Several studies show that caffeine can boost your metabolic rate. However, the effect may diminish in long term coffee drinkers. According to Pub Med, a trusted medical information source, “some research indicates that caffeine can specifically increase fat burning”, however you will get the best results when combining it with a healthy diet and exercise.
This is because caffeine stimulates the breakdown of body fat with the release of adrenal hormones, making free fatty acids available as a source of energy. This can actually help you to get a more effective workout. It is recommended that you have a strong cup of coffee about 30 minutes before you start exercising.
Depending on the brand and quality of coffee, your single cup of joe could contain some vitamins and minerals.
If you are a coffee lover and enjoy multiple cups throughout the day, you will get the slow release effect of these nutrients.
Yes, many of us feel like we are not quite human before our first cup of the day, but research has shown this to bare some truth;
Not only does it improve your mood, but it also has the potential to lower your risk of neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia by.
You can use ground coffee for a face mask and scrub! It is packed with antioxidants and will exfoliate, nourish and treat your skin. It is perfect for those with oily skin and acne, as it also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can use it with raw honey, rose water, coconut oil or green tea.
- If you have tired and aching muscles, mix it with some banana and massage it into the affected area before taking a bath with Epsom salts.
- For a full body scrub, mix the coffee with cinnamon.
- If you have high blood pressure, you may want to watch and limit your caffeine intake. Caffeine does have the ability to raise blood pressure, your heartbeat and axiety.
- Try to not use sugar. If you have a good quality product, it is really not worth ruining its perfect flavour. Sugar will also outweigh the benefits of your healthy beverage.
- Try not to have more than a few cups per day.
- If you love coffee, make sure to drink plenty of water between cups. Coffee acts as a diuretic and may cause dehydration.
- Coffee may stain your teeth, drinking water between cups will rinse away the excess.
Check out the Bluebird Coffee Roastery Q&A video below!
Remember to like and subscribe to their channel for all things coffee, and get their amazing product available at Mopani Pharmacy in-store and online!
We can deliver your medication, supplements and other Mopani online shopping, nationwide! More info: mopani.co.za | firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 013 755 5500 | WhatsApp: 066-192-1703