Superfood and your energy
We did some research to break down how super these foods really are and what it means for your health and your overall energy.
There is no such thing as a perfect food, as no one food item will ever contain everything you need and too much of anything can be unhealthy. When it comes to superfoods, there is no real criteria to which a type of food can be measured against. What we really mean when we say ‘superfood’, is that it is a food that has a lot of nutrients in it, more so than the average and ordinary.
More often than not, junk food and sugary drinks will give you a temporary energy boost, only to let you crash and feel fatigued a short while later, craving another snack.
You need proper nutrition for a consistent release of energy throughout the day – and superfoods can assist with this. There are fruits, vegetables, dairy and animal meat proteins that fall under the superfood categories.
Examples of superfood include:
- Dark green leafy veggies has numerous vitamins and minerals as well as anti-inflammatory compounds
- Berries contain vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants
- Eggs are known to contain the ‘good cholesterol’ known as HDL, a variety of vitamins and minerals and high-quality proteins
- Nuts and seeds are rich in fibre, vegetarian protein and heart-healthy fats
- Garlic is a source of manganese, vitamin C, vitamin B6, selenium and fibre
- Salmon has high levels of healthy fats, protein, B vitamins, potassium and selenium
Ever heard someone say, you should take a vitamin with a specific mineral for better absorption? Superfoods usually have nutrients that are complementary in their absorption and optimal use within the body.
Experts advice that you need to have a certain amount of ingredients in each meal to cover your nutritional intake. By identifying superfoods and the nutrients they offer, you can simplify your meals and get the most out of them.
Mopani Pharmacy also offers a selection of superfood products that you can add to your pantry. You can shop in-store or online!
Options of superfood include but are not limited to:
- Wazoogles Superfood
- Nature’s Nutrition Superfood
- Baobab Fruit Powder
- Health Connection Nutty Protein Blend
If you would like to choose a superfood that fits in well with you or your family in terms of your current diet, activity level and nutritional needs, do not hesitate to ask the staff at Mopani for a recommendation.
We can deliver your medication, supplements and other Mopani online shopping, nationwide! More info: mopani.co.za | email@example.com | Tel: 013 755 5500 | WhatsApp: 066-192-1703