Royal Jelly is a milk substance harvested from the cells of beehives. It is highly nutritious and may have antibacterial, antioxidants and inflammatory properties. It contains about 60% to 70% water, 12% to 15% proteins, 10% to 16% sugar, 3% to 6% fats, and 2% to 3% vitamins, salts, and amino acids.
Royal Jelly comes in different forms, you can apply it directly on to your skin or take it orally as a supplement. Many people use it in cosmetic facial creams and skin conditioners. Certain nutrients in the Royal Jelly are believed to be beneficial to overall health.
Benefits of Royal Jelly:
- Royal Jelly slows the aging process by eliminating free radicals and improves skin appearances by hydrating the skin and promoting its elasticity and brightening dark spots.
- It may help to relieve many symptoms associated with menopause.
- Ease the symptoms of (PMS) premenstrual syndrome.
- Helps speed up the process of wound healing and increases fibroblast migration.
- Fighting microbes and reducing inflammation.
- It boosts the immune system and improves the blood glucose levels, as well as ulcerations related to diabetes.
- Reduces heart disease risks by impacting cholesterol level and it can lower blood pressure.
- Royal Jelly increases tear secretion and treats chronic dry eyes.
Royal Jelly is beneficial to people with type 2 diabetes by lowering their glucose in the blood.
Amino acids are molecules that are combined to form proteins. Amino and proteins are building blocks of life and compounds that play many critical roles in your body. When proteins are digested or broken down, amino acids are left. Our bodies use amino acids to make proteins to help the body break down food, grow, repair body tissue and perform many other body functions.
Amino acids cannot be produced by the body. They must come from food. Eating a well-balanced diet ensures that you will get all of the essential amino acids since the body needs them but cannot produce them. Royal Jelly proteins contain most of amino acids of which eight are indispensable or essential, valine, leucine, isoleucine, threonine, methionine, phenylalanine, tryptophan and lysine. Each of these amino acids contributes to the multiple benefits of Royal Jelly by combining and reconstructing new, healthy, cell regeneration. This benefits our health and wellness, and for many is key to maintaining energy, vitality and balance.
Amino acids consumed in excess of the amounts needed for the synthesis of nitrogenous tissue constituents are not stored but are degraded. The nitrogen is excreted as urea, and the keto acids left after removal of the amino groups are either utilised directly as sources of energy or are converted to carbohydrate or fat.