Is your child’s inquisitive nature starting to blossom? Instead of just physically exploring everything, they are now wondering why things are the way they are. During this stage of their life, it’s important to give their brain the “fuel” it needs to develop. Essential fatty acids (EFA) is a crucial part of this development. Adding Equazen eye q to their diet provides EFA supplementation that may help provide benefits of increased concentration and improved learning capabilities.
At this point, your child may have also graduated from the Equazen toddler-friendly liquid formulation and/or may now prefer chewable capsules that still eliminate the need for swallowing, and might make them feel a bit more grown up.
eye q® Chews contain all the proven ingredients that the Equazen range provide, all in one tasty strawberry bite-size chew (available in clear or red capsules).
eye q® has been researched in multiple clinical studies involving both mainly children and also adults. The evidence demonstrates the beneficial effects of the Equabalance ratio of EPA:DHA:GLA = 9:3:1 used in the EQUAZEN range, with significant improvement in concentration and learning development including patients with ADHD, ADD, Dyspraxia and Dyslexia.
Some people with ADHD have low blood and plasma levels of ω3-PUFAs.5–7 Such a deficiency may affect brain function and development.8 Therefore, increasing the intake of ω3-PUFAs, through PUFA-rich diets or omega supplementation, could address this potential deficiency and improve ADHD symptoms. The theorised modes of action remain tentative, but include:-
- Increased serotonin and dopamine concentrations, which may alter neurotransmission and cell survival.9,10
- Interaction with surface or intracellular fatty-acid receptors to change the composition of cell membrane phospholipids in the central nervous system.11
- Reduction of oxidative stress, which can be increased in individuals with ADHD.11
- Reduced inflammation; ω3-PUFAs, such as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), are essential nutrients that reduce inflammatory factors.8 Inflammation has been correlated with certain psychiatric conditions, including ADHD.12
- EQUAZEN eye q has been researched in multiple clinical studies involving both mainly children and also adults. The evidence demonstrates the beneficial effects of the Equabalance ratio of EPA:DHA:GLA = 9:3:1 used in the EQUAZEN range, with significant improvement in concentration and learning development including patients with ADHD, ADD, Dyspraxia and Dyslexia. 3, 9, 11, 16, 17, 18
Equazen® eye q Chews can:
- Improve attention and concentration
- Improve learning capabilities
- Support brain function
Ingredients - Each chew contains:
Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oils) 400mg of which:
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 93mg; DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 29mg; Omega-6 fatty acids (Evening primrose oil, Oenothera blennies L.) of which: GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) 10mg.
Recommended dosage & directions - Equazen® eye q Chews:
Suitable for use in children aged 3 years onwards. Always read the label and follow the instructions for use.
Starting dose: Take 6 chews per day for the first 3 months.
Maintenance dose: Take 2 chews per day thereafter.
Equazen® eye q Chews is well tolerated. Tolerability data from clinical investigations as well as the post-marketing experience support the safety profile of Equazen formulations.
Equazen® gelatine used in the clear chews is certified halal.